Wednesday, March 12, 2014

ANOTHER HALF ASS RANT

“ANOTHER HALF ASS RANT”
FROM THE BOOK OF SHEB
BY SHEB SCHEBELLA
When I get sad, I go away, to a private place where only song bird’s play, and butterflies rest upon my knee and tell me that everything will be ok, like those three little birds in that Marley song.  Then I have a bong hit and chase it with a beer and think “This is a pleasant place, with that being said my life is still fucked up.” The bong hit however, does get the butterflies to talk more, and there’s nothing like a talking butterfly really. Except for maybe the caterpillar, you know that one, the hookah smoken mother fucker from Alice and Wonderland. Of course that caterpillar became a butterfly I assume much like the ones that have been talking to me. Puff the Magic Dragon he was higher then a Georgia Pine, and frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Hanalei. Puff’s life was fucked too because children grew up and stopped believing in him and so he would die or simply vanish, same thing. What keeps an entity alive? People, living energy, humans that’s who. If enough people stop believing in a spirit the spirit dissolves. It is much like the spirit in oneself, you stop believing in yourself, you lose your spirit. The spirit needs energy or the life will just be sucked out of you. In the end you’re nothing more then just a dried up ball of shit with painted on eyelashes staring down a lot of spent calendars and boxed wine. I am not an advice columnist, and I don’t do a lot of movie quotes, but there is one I am found of from “The Shawshank Redemption” it is when Andy Dufresne said “You either get busy living, or you get busy dying.”
 I think of that quote often when I seem to be feeling sorry for myself or legitimately depressed for an over extended healthy period of time. Because there comes a point in life where it just takes to much self awareness to realize your beginning to enjoy life so therefore many feel they need to make a continues conscious effort to draw back from reality and catapult themselves back into a state of disbelieve and numbness do to some fucked up guilt issue that tells them they just don’t deserve to celebrate life. It is easy, but it does take a lot of work on an energy scale to stay depressed. That’s why when you’re sad you feel as week as a kitten some days because being upset, sad, depressed or whatever descriptive emotion one wants to use, bottom line is it sucks the fucking life out of you. I notice for myself it takes very little energy to be happy, but on the upside as well, being happy produces a lot of positive energy for myself and for the people around me in my circle. The great philosopher Leghorn Foghorn once said “That’s a flag waiver Boy; you have to keep your on the ball. Keep your mitt in the air you’re built to close to the ground and your missing the high ones.” Basically what Leghorn was saying was that everything you need is right there in front of you to be happy, just snatch it up when it’s offered, because it may not come back around.
 Inclosing I will say this. Life it is the greatest most amazing gift anyone could be given, to be aware that you are alive is monumentally huge in biblical proportion. There is very little any of us can do to really to increase the longevity of our life; no one truly knows when their expiration date is up. There is one thing we do have control over most of the time and that is the quality of our life.

 Life may be short, but it is the longest event that we will ever take part in. Raise the bar of the quality of your life, by doing this you may also increase the quality of life for another. Be apart of life, live out loud…That Leghorn what a Cock…lol

No comments:

Post a Comment